Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day Twenty-Six

Creating all of this was pretty fun overall. However, there were days when I had so much to do that I just didn't feel like blogging. There's a lot of stuff that I got out of this project. I would have to say that one of my strongest point was researching. I actually enjoyed researching and just finding out more about the history of Japan, but I know that there are still a lot that I do not know about that certain time period that I've choosen.

Probably one of my weakest spot in doing this project would be starting the story and making illustrations for it. I basically have the ideas of my story down, it's just transferring them into a little tale. Also, I'm not much of an artist, so I think it'll be hard for me to make the illustrations on my own. I think I'll just give up and have my brother do it.

If I'm not too lazy to rewrite this story. I think I'll actually make a whole novel out of this book. I think I'm capable of doing it. I just know that I might not really be devoted to doing it. But I think it'll be one of goals that I might to accomplish once before I graduate from high school. I used to like to write stories, but I guess I've just became more and more busy to where writing just didn't really interest me as much anymore.

I learned a lot while doing this project. I really didn't know I had it in me to take apart a story and write a pastiche based off of that story. I guess nothing really is impossible.

(By the way, if you're reading this, and you follow my blog, tell me of the weaknesses and strengths that I probably won't be able to see through my own perspective.)

1 comment:

  1. I think you have many strengths and very few weaknesses. You could turn this into a short story at least, possibly into a novella. Then you would not have to worry about illustrations. Your only weakness would be the depth you took your story, which makes it difficult to whittle away the important parts for a children's story book. You really have the basics for a novel. I hope you do something with this in the future!

    ReplyDelete