Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day Thirteen

I think that message of this folktale is to follow your heart. In my cultural pastiche, I want to portray the same message, however, usually in Asian cultures, it's like a dishonor to go against family, or elders. Following your heart can be like a minor message for my pastiche, so I want to make a different major message to impact the readers.

Being a royalty, everything seems to come right when you want it to. It's just the demand of being in a high position. In my version of the pastiche, the Princess learns to wait for everything, since her step-sister is the one who gets spoiled, then the Princess is the one who has to wait for seconds. The Princess is patient and appreciative with whatever she gets, because she knows that she can get worse. Since the step-sister always got everything first, the Princess actually ends up with the leftovers. However, in the end she's the one who gets the love of the samurai, while the step-sister gets the leftover happiness that the Princess will let her have. My moral of the story will be, "Good things come to those who wait."

2 comments:

  1. 3P. Good metacognition, thinking out the story, in order to get your moral. I like those kinds of happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the sorry ends and how you give the information to how Asian culture is.

    ReplyDelete