Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day Fifteen

Today, Tuesday, February 2, 2010 I've finally presented my Pecha Kucha presentation. Even if I did get full credit on this assignment, I felt like I could have done better. Knowing the way I felt when I was presenting, I probably said to many words like "um" or "like." When it comes to giving a presentation, it's not hard, especially if I know what I'm talking about, but I just start to get cold and nervous sometimes. Then when that happens, I start to twist some of my words around. I was prepared to go last week, but I never did. So, I was shocked when I was chosen to start it off today. I guess I can say that I wasn't as prepared as I was originally last week, but I think that I did a decent job because I knew already what I was going to talk about.

The way I presented it was I started off by telling of the story and its origin. Then I went into giving it a summary so that the class would know what the story is actually about. After that, I told about the culture that I was going to rewrite it in. I gave a little example about how the ancient Japanese culture was different from the modern culture. There used be emperors who were in charge and samurais at the top of the social class. That was basically how I ended the presentation.

I think that things that benefitted me was that I actually knew what I was talking about. This gave me an understanding that I did actually learn something from all of my research. Also, from this experience I now know how to present myself next time I do a presentation, and that I must always be prepared to give my presentation. I seemed like an eternity when I was giving the speech, but after I was done, I realized that I still had a lot that I might have wanted to share. So, either way I still finished with a good amount of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment