Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day One

Today, I have finally chosen to write about the "The Blue Bird" by Andrew Lang. It did take me quite a while, only because I wasn't sure exactly what to write about. However, this story was the most appealing to me. Also it's a fairly long story, so I think that because of the length it will actually be easier to base my story off of. This story also has an enchanting side to it, that is why I had chosen the Japanese culture, since the culture also fascinates me. There's not much that I know about the Japanese culture, but in this project I'll be able to not only explore more of the culture, but I get to produce a story into the culture as well.

The storyline deals about a princess who her stepmother and her stepsister are attempting to prevent her from marry the prince that she loves and who love her. There are many challenges that this princess faces along with the fact that her love has been turned into a blue bird. In my story, I'll probably make him into a fish, or maybe even have it twisted around and make her the one that gets magically transformed. Just by this story, I've gotten many ideas on how to set up my storyline. Of course, I'll probably add some ideas and take away some, but I am just not sure how the story it going to end yet. I want it to have a somewhat unexpecting ending, but then again, it'll depend on how my story will go.

2 comments:

  1. I like your ideas so far. That sounds like it is going to be an interesting pastiche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry I missed commenting on this. I went through at the beginning and had issues with the word verification. But I wanted to comment on it to let you know that this is just the start of something wonderful you will create.

    ReplyDelete