Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day Eight

When I was searching for my pictures today, there were two pictures that stood out to me in particular. I really couldn't decide which one to share, since both of them seem to tell sort of the same story to me, but I'll just share the one that I think tells the story of the Princess more clearly. What I see in the picture is a story waiting to be written. The image gives an emotion to the Princess's story when her beloved samurai has had a spell cast upon him.

This picture tells of a lonely Princess who waits for her prince to come and stay with her. When I saw this picture, scenes of the story were just flashing across my head. From the scene where she's royal yet lonely, to when her step-mother sent her off to stay in her room, to when she waits for the return of the bird. Everyday after finding out how her love has been transformed, she constantly waits for night so that he may return to be by her side. This is also a perfect example of how my princess would look like. She'll have long hair, with a lovely face, yet a very lonely one. This picture inspired me to think about her delicacy, and how she waits for her prince, but he never shows up in the end. Instead she has to go find him.
The most inspiration that I had from his picture is just the fact that it sends out such a sad and mournful mood. It makes me want to be in her place just to feel her pain of having to see her step-mother give away her love to her step-sister. It's almost like a forbidden love for the samurai and the Princess. This image also gives me a sense that she waits very eagerly year after year, season after season, just for her knight in shining armor. Then suddenly one day he doesn't show up, and the day after that, and so on and so forth.

In the end I feel that the picture still speaks to me in many different ways, however I can't seem to grasp onto the words to express what it's trying to tell me.

3 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I wanted you to do. Your picture can tell so much. Think about this as you start writing your story and what pictures you will use to illustrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your picture I can see what story it conveys just by looking at it. KUDOS.! The picture speaks so loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture has so much emotion in it. I really enjoyed the description you gave to go along with it. it was weird wanting to say so much with just one picture. great picture and post

    ReplyDelete