Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day Ten

I have been keeping a blog about the a pastiche that I'm going to write. My pastiche will be a Japanese version of the the folk tale "The Blue Bird." I've done more research than I have probably done in the past. However, I really did enjoy all that research, there was so much that was just waiting to be known. From my research that I did, I've been putting my pieces of the puzzle together so that I can write my story. Although I've done a lot of research, I still feel like I can learn more about the Heian Period in Japan. As of now, I've just started to think about the details of my story.

This is actually the first time that I've kept a daily blog. I think that it's actually enjoyable. I get to write down all my thoughts, so that I can begin to organize it instead of just having a huge stack of paper of notes. The comments that are left really encourages me to do a good job on this project. Without the comments then I wouldn't know whether to continue my work, or start a different method.

I think that blogging is way more effective than researching and writing a paper. When I write a blog daily, it makes me think about the project daily, even during the weekends. So, sometimes in the day when a new idea just pops in my head it's less likely for me to forget it. Also, blogging helps me to break down what to focus on, instead of just doing one long research and not really getting anything out of it. I've actually learned a lot from this research, unlike other research papers that I've done. I can't usually remember what I researched after the lesson. Then, another reason is that for writing out the research paper there will be time until a deadline, so as an average high schooler, I'll tend to procrastinate. However, if I blog, then my deadline will be daily, so it causes me to research everyday, and brainstorm daily.

I really like this experience, because now I know that I really can rewrite a story. I used to think that I would never be able to write a story because if I have ideas, then they're too jumbled up in my mind. So, I never really had the time to organize the ideas and write it down, because I knew it wouldn't be something that I was devoted enough to, to spend time everyday. Blogging helps me to lay everything out and analyze the smallest detail. I never knew that it could be so much fun. Also, after all the ideas and research it makes me eager to write the story. When I have a specific topic to focus on that day, it lets me to brainstorm more on that specific topic. Then I write it down in my blog so I won't forget it later. I think this can really help me with my English skills, since I think that English is probably one of my weakest subject, when it comes to comprehending the material. Blogging daily has helped me to break things down to smaller pieces so that I can concentrate on that specific thing, and then put it all together in a big picture.

1 comment:

  1. 3P! You are doing an awesome job! I know most of the students are following your blog to get ideas for what to write. Your examples are exactly what they need. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete